-   -   using pulldown list with a list and autocompleet function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/236686-using-pulldown-list-list-autocompleet-function.html)

Peter Jonkers

using pulldown list with a list and autocompleet function

how can i make a pulldown list with autocompleet and first letter reconiction.

I have the list working with data validation
but now the rest.

The list is on sheet 2

I am now using the data Validation with list as allow
The source formula is "=Workcode" (area name) and workcode is on sheet 2.
Sheet 1 is used to display the list.

thanks

Simon Lloyd[_298_]

using pulldown list with a list and autocompleet function

as far as I know you can only do that with a cobobox or listbox

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=115393

Peter Jonkers

using pulldown list with a list and autocompleet function

Thanks Simon,

The dropdown list is working fine. that is no problem.
What i want is that it will autocompleet what i type.
I have about 50 names in the list end it is a pain to search in the list the
one that you want.

So..,were i im looking for is for example i type the firts letter or the
first 2, it will jump in the list to the one i need.

I hope I explained it right :)

cheers

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

as far as I know you can only do that with a cobobox or listbox

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=115393

Max

using pulldown list with a list and autocompleet function

What i want is that it will autocomplete what i type.

Debra Dalgleish shows a way to "build in" the AutoComplete feature into DVs,
which finds matching items in the list as you start to type ..
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:27,000 Files:200 Subscribers:70
xdemechanik
---

Peter Jonkers

using pulldown list with a list and autocompleet function

Works like a charm..thanks.

One minor question left.
I use the list funtion with data on another sheet. how can I change the code
to use that data.

last question
The combobox comes up with a double clik, can i change that so that when i
want to fill in the cell by one clik that the combo box is active?

thanks

Peter