-   -   Countif, multiple criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/236296-countif-multiple-criteria.html)

JS25

Countif, multiple criteria

Hi all,

I'd really appreciate help with what is, I'm sure, a simple problem that I'm
too stupid to solve!

The problem - Using COUNTIF (I think), the problem is that it requires two
criteria/conditions to be met:

For the range to be counted (as 1, NOT 2), A1 must have a value of 0 AND B1
must be more than 1. ONLY if these conditions are meet should the range be
counted as 1.

Eagerly awaiting for reply,
JS25

Mike H

Countif, multiple criteria

Hi,

Perhaps we could see a small amount of test data and the result you expect.

Mike

"JS25" wrote:

Hi all,

I'd really appreciate help with what is, I'm sure, a simple problem that I'm
too stupid to solve!

The problem - Using COUNTIF (I think), the problem is that it requires two
criteria/conditions to be met:

For the range to be counted (as 1, NOT 2), A1 must have a value of 0 AND B1
must be more than 1. ONLY if these conditions are meet should the range be
counted as 1.

Eagerly awaiting for reply,
JS25

JS25

Countif, multiple criteria

Certainly:

'A' 'B' Expect Result -
0 0 0
0 1 0
0 2 1
0 3 1
1 0 0
1 1 0
1 2 0
1 3 0
2 0 0
2 1 0
2 2 0
2 3 0

Basically, the two conditions are that 'A' must be 0, and 'B' must be more
than 1.

"JS25" wrote:

Hi all,

I'd really appreciate help with what is, I'm sure, a simple problem that I'm
too stupid to solve!

The problem - Using COUNTIF (I think), the problem is that it requires two
criteria/conditions to be met:

For the range to be counted (as 1, NOT 2), A1 must have a value of 0 AND B1
must be more than 1. ONLY if these conditions are meet should the range be
counted as 1.

Eagerly awaiting for reply,
JS25

T. Valko

Countif, multiple criteria

Try this:

=--AND(COUNT(A1:B1)=2,A1=0,B11)

Copy down as needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JS25" wrote:

Hi all,

I'd really appreciate help with what is, I'm sure, a simple problem
that I'm
too stupid to solve!

The problem - Using COUNTIF (I think), the problem is that it requires
two
criteria/conditions to be met:

For the range to be counted (as 1, NOT 2), A1 must have a value of 0
AND B1
must be more than 1. ONLY if these conditions are meet should the range
be
counted as 1.

Eagerly awaiting for reply,
JS25

JS25

Countif, multiple criteria

That is great, thank you so much :D You're a genius, bravo bravo :D

Once again, I thank you!

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=--AND(COUNT(A1:B1)=2,A1=0,B11)

Copy down as needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JS25" wrote in message
That is great, thank you so much :D You're a genius, bravo bravo :D

Once again, I thank you!

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=--AND(COUNT(A1:B1)=2,A1=0,B11)

Copy down as needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JS25" wrote:

Hi all,

I'd really appreciate help with what is, I'm sure, a simple problem
that I'm
too stupid to solve!

The problem - Using COUNTIF (I think), the problem is that it
requires
two
criteria/conditions to be met:

For the range to be counted (as 1, NOT 2), A1 must have a value of 0
AND B1
must be more than 1. ONLY if these conditions are meet should the
range
be
counted as 1.

Eagerly awaiting for reply,
JS25

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Countif, multiple criteria

Hi,

The formula for your third column would be

=--AND(A1=0,B11)

for an overall count:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A12=0),--(B1:B121))

or if you are using 2007: