-   -   can i automatically copy subtotals in excel to another s/sheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/236117-can-i-automatically-copy-subtotals-excel-another-s-sheet.html)

Richard Malpas

can i automatically copy subtotals in excel to another s/sheet?

I have created two spreadsheets with approx 150,000 rows in each. I have
sub-totalled each sheet and would like to work on the subtotals, applying
filters etc. There are some 10,000 sub-totals in each sheet and I would
prefer to copy them to separate sheets to do any further work. How can I set
it up so that the sub-totals are automatically copied to another sheet,
rather than having to manually copy and paste? I am using Excel 2007 with
Vista Home Premium.

Any thoughts much appreciated.
--
Richard

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

can i automatically copy subtotals in excel to another s/sheet?

Hi,

There is no automatic way built-in. It only requires one or two manual
steps to copy subtotals, but if you want to automate it turn on the macro
recorder and do the two or three steps.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire