-   -   test for upper case (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/236019-test-upper-case.html)

musicman

test for upper case

Is their a function or way to use the UPPER function to test if the contents
on a cell are all Upper case?

Alternatively if someone has a macro to do so I could copy I would appreciate.

Tom Hutchins

test for upper case

To check A1, in another cell enter

=IF(EXACT(A1,UPPER(A1)),TRUE,FALSE)

Copy as needed. Hope this helps,

Hutch

"MusicMan" wrote:

Is their a function or way to use the UPPER function to test if the contents
on a cell are all Upper case?

Alternatively if someone has a macro to do so I could copy I would appreciate.

musicman

test for upper case

Very close, but blanks also came back true. I can handle them in IF test
though. Thanks very much.

"MusicMan" wrote:

Is their a function or way to use the UPPER function to test if the contents
on a cell are all Upper case?

Alternatively if someone has a macro to do so I could copy I would appreciate.

Don Guillett

test for upper case

=IF(AND(LEN(TRIM(A1))0,EXACT(A1,UPPER(A1))),TRUE, FALSE)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"MusicMan" wrote:

Is their a function or way to use the UPPER function to test if the
contents
on a cell are all Upper case?

Alternatively if someone has a macro to do so I could copy I would
appreciate.

Bernd P

test for upper case

ABS(CODE(A1)-77.5)<13

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

test for upper case

Hi,

Try this

=IF(A1<"",EXACT(A1,UPPER(A1)))

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"MusicMan" wrote:

Is their a function or way to use the UPPER function to test if the contents
on a cell are all Upper case?

Alternatively if someone has a macro to do so I could copy I would appreciate.

David Biddulph[_2_]

test for upper case

You don't, of course, need the IF(...,TRUE,FALSE), because you've already
got a Boolean.

=EXACT(A1,UPPER(A1)) will do.
--
David Biddulph