-   -   quick selection drop down list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/23595-quick-selection-drop-down-list.html)

68magnolia71

quick selection drop down list

Hello every one,

I use quite a lot of drop down lists in a work book and some of them are
pretty long. The question is: is there a way to pouch in the first letter of
a word ( the list is arranged in alphabetical order) so as the list goes to
that postion?
Thank you for any suggestion.

68magnolia71

Bob Phillips

No, you need a combobox for this.

--

HTH

RP

"68magnolia71" wrote in message
Hello every one,

I use quite a lot of drop down lists in a work book and some of them are
pretty long. The question is: is there a way to pouch in the first letter

of
a word ( the list is arranged in alphabetical order) so as the list goes

that postion?
Thank you for any suggestion.

68magnolia71

Debra Dalgleish

If this is a data validation dropdown, it doesn't support autocomplete.
If you can use programming, there are instructions here for adding a
combobox from which you can select one of the values from the data
validation list. In the combobox, you can enable autocomplete:

68magnolia71 wrote:
Hello every one,

I use quite a lot of drop down lists in a work book and some of them are
pretty long. The question is: is there a way to pouch in the first letter of
a word ( the list is arranged in alphabetical order) so as the list goes to
that postion?
Thank you for any suggestion.

68magnolia71

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

68magnolia71

Hello Debra and Bob,

Thank you for your answers. Unfortunately I'm not accustumed with
programming, VBa and other comboboxes ( I wonder if comboboxes exist in the
french version). The drop down list in the "name bar" ( left top of screen)
is longer than my drop list and still readable. I didn't see it before but
the question has been asked many times before and I think the problem has to
be adressed to by Microsoft like the automatic height of murged cells and a
couple of others.

68magnolia71