-   -   ADD 2 COLUMNS USING 1 LETTER AND 1 NUMBER (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/235838-add-2-columns-using-1-letter-1-number.html)

lorik

ADD 2 COLUMNS USING 1 LETTER AND 1 NUMBER

Hi,
I'm trying to formulate a total from 2 columns. Column A has my item
letters(I have multiples), ex(B), and column B has the number of units. My
new column I'm trying to total how many units I've sold of each item.

Can you supply the right formula to use?

Teethless mama

ADD 2 COLUMNS USING 1 LETTER AND 1 NUMBER

Take a look SUMIF function in help menu

"lorik" wrote:

Hi,
I'm trying to formulate a total from 2 columns. Column A has my item
letters(I have multiples), ex(B), and column B has the number of units. My
new column I'm trying to total how many units I've sold of each item.

Can you supply the right formula to use?

MFS

ADD 2 COLUMNS USING 1 LETTER AND 1 NUMBER

Hi lorik

Follow this example:

A1= Car, A2= Land, A3=Car, A4=House, A5=Car

B1=14, B2=6, B3=11, B4=4, B5=10

Suppose you want to put products name in column D and totals in column E
D1=Car, E1=SUMIF(A1:A5;"=Car";B1:B5)

D2=Land, E2=SUMIF(A1:A5;"=Land";B1:B5)

D3=Land, E3=SUMIF(A1:A5;"=Land";B1:B5)

--
MFS22

"lorik" كتب:

Hi,
I'm trying to formulate a total from 2 columns. Column A has my item
letters(I have multiples), ex(B), and column B has the number of units. My
new column I'm trying to total how many units I've sold of each item.

Can you supply the right formula to use?

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

ADD 2 COLUMNS USING 1 LETTER AND 1 NUMBER

Hi,

Try to work with pivot tables. Drag column A to the rows area and column B
to the data area

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com