-   -   Getting SUMIF to work in Excel 2007 filtered tables? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/235653-getting-sumif-work-excel-2007-filtered-tables.html)

Jonathan

Getting SUMIF to work in Excel 2007 filtered tables?

I have a table in Excel 2007 and below the table am creating a range of sums
based on other values in the table.
eg =SUMIF(Table1[Key Ac Alloc],$A73,AE$9:AE$64)
All works fine when the table is un-filtered.

However when applying a filter to one of the columns, the esult of hte SUMIF
is wildly incorrect (much to high...)
How do I solve this?

Luke M

Getting SUMIF to work in Excel 2007 filtered tables?

You may need to use some variation of the SUBTOTAL function, which is
affected by hidden/filtered rows.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"jonathan" wrote:

I have a table in Excel 2007 and below the table am creating a range of sums
based on other values in the table.
eg =SUMIF(Table1[Key Ac Alloc],$A73,AE$9:AE$64)
All works fine when the table is un-filtered.

However when applying a filter to one of the columns, the esult of hte SUMIF
is wildly incorrect (much to high...)
How do I solve this?

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

Getting SUMIF to work in Excel 2007 filtered tables?

Hi,

This should not happen - the SUMIF() is not affected if the range if
filtered. Is any input of the SUMIF() a result of the SUBTOTAL() function.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com