-   -   Can you rename an inserted word document? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/235581-can-you-rename-inserted-word-document.html)

WorkinGirl

Can you rename an inserted word document?

I'm using Microsoft Excel 2003 at work, and I'm trying ot make a spreadsheet
for myself and maybe my co-workers that will help us find information faster.

I've inserted a Word document, but to make it faster to find the answer, I'd
like to rename the document vs showing "Microsoft Word Document" at the
bottom.

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Can you rename an inserted word document?

How are you inserting it? As a hyperlink, an object, a picture?

Why not enter some unique text in a cell immediately adjacent to the the
document and use Find to search for that?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"WorkinGirl" wrote:

I'm using Microsoft Excel 2003 at work, and I'm trying ot make a spreadsheet
for myself and maybe my co-workers that will help us find information faster.

I've inserted a Word document, but to make it faster to find the answer, I'd
like to rename the document vs showing "Microsoft Word Document" at the
bottom.

WorkinGirl

Can you rename an inserted word document?

Thanks for responding Shane! Honestly I hadn't thought of that yet as far as
putting the text next to it. When I'm inserting the document, I have inserted
it as an object I believe. I am not as familiar with Excel as I would like to
be, and I was just tinkering around with it when I found that option to be
available.