-   -   Find and match funtion (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/235575-find-match-funtion.html)

Denver

Find and match funtion

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet-excel 2003 i have 3 worksheet on it
namely vendors, discipline and pakcage

I want to find a certain text like Civil and Mechanical the same on the
other 2 worksheet (woksheet 2 and 3)
I need the result to appear next beside on its cell on worksheet 1
like for instance cell A1 = Civil
so the result would be next to it B1 - Civil

how would I write my formula?

thanks, I appreciate any help

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Find and match funtion

Hi,

I'm not clear on the question. Why not show some dummy data and what you
want to see based on that data layout.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Denver" wrote:

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet-excel 2003 i have 3 worksheet on it
namely vendors, discipline and pakcage

I want to find a certain text like Civil and Mechanical the same on the
other 2 worksheet (woksheet 2 and 3)
I need the result to appear next beside on its cell on worksheet 1
like for instance cell A1 = Civil
so the result would be next to it B1 - Civil

how would I write my formula?

thanks, I appreciate any help

Denver

Find and match funtion

I have this in my

worksheet 1 worksheet 2 worksheet 3

column A column A column B

Civil Isometrics Turbines
Mechanical Vendors Electrical
Electrical Scope Waste Managemet
Instrument Electrical QMS
.......ans so on

I want to find the word "Electrical" from my 3worksheets and the results
will appear next to the cell of worksheet 1 column A which is column B and C,
like this

w o r k s h e e t 1
column A column B column C

Civil