-   -   Using absolute functions "$" to populate a column from a row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/235532-using-absolute-functions-%24-populate-column-row.html)

Repurr

Using absolute functions "$" to populate a column from a row

Hello,

Excel 2007

Is there anyway I can automatically populate a column from a row using "$"
Absolute functions in the formula, to save having to create a new formula to
poulate each column cell.

Thank for your help

--
Regards

Repurr

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Using absolute functions "$" to populate a column from a row

Hi,

suppose the row data starts in B1 and you enter the following formula in A2
and copy down

=OFFSET($A$1,,ROW(A1))

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Repurr" wrote:

Hello,

Excel 2007

Is there anyway I can automatically populate a column from a row using "$"
Absolute functions in the formula, to save having to create a new formula to
poulate each column cell.

Thank for your help

--
Regards

Repurr

Repurr

Using absolute functions "$" to populate a column from a row

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes your forumla works as described, my situation is
slightly different, let me explain;

The row of data is on 1 spreadsheet which starts at column E with data not
required to be included in the formula in columns A - D.

I have tried the forumlation you detailed, sadly only producing 0.00 socres.
Your help on this is much appreciated.

--
Regards

Repurr