-   -   tracking inventory (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/235146-tracking-inventory.html)

Jackie

tracking inventory

if there's a # in the "Qty. Received" cell then I want it to add to the
"Current inventory" cell but if there's a # in the "Qty. Shipped" cell then I
want it to subtract it........how can i seperate these functions in 1 formula
so it will do either 1 or the other?

Bassman62

tracking inventory

Hi,

Try this
Assuming Receiving begins at B3, and Shipped in C3, Current inventory
beginning balance in D2
Formula in D3: =D2+B3-C3
Copy down as needed
Hope this helps.

Dave

"Jackie" wrote in message
if there's a # in the "Qty. Received" cell then I want it to add to the
"Current inventory" cell but if there's a # in the "Qty. Shipped" cell
then I
want it to subtract it........how can i seperate these functions in 1
formula
so it will do either 1 or the other?

Ken

tracking inventory

Jackie

Isn't that simply:

current inventory=current inventory + quantity recieved - quantity
shipped ?

Ken

On Jun 26, 1:31*pm, Jackie wrote:
if there's a # in the "Qty. Received" cell then I want it to add to the
"Current inventory" cell but if there's a # in the "Qty. Shipped" cell then I
want it to subtract it........how can i seperate these functions in 1 formula
so it will do either 1 or the other?

Jacob Skaria

tracking inventory

Suppose
A1 = QTy Received
B1 = Qty shipped
In C1 (current inventory)

If you already have a formula
=<current formula+IF(A10,A1,IF(B10,B1,0))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jackie" wrote:

if there's a # in the "Qty. Received" cell then I want it to add to the
"Current inventory" cell but if there's a # in the "Qty. Shipped" cell then I
want it to subtract it........how can i seperate these functions in 1 formula
so it will do either 1 or the other?

Jacob Skaria

tracking inventory

missed the negative sign

"Jackie" wrote:

if there's a # in the "Qty. Received" cell then I want it to add to the
"Current inventory" cell but if there's a # in the "Qty. Shipped" cell then I
want it to subtract it........how can i seperate these functions in 1 formula
so it will do either 1 or the other?

Jackie

tracking inventory

So, here's what I have.....

ColumnD = Qty. Shipped
ColumnE = Qty. Received

=IF(D:D0,C3-D3,0),(E:E0,C3+E3,0)

each () is giving the right answer but then I get a #Value error?

missed the negative sign

"Jackie" wrote:

if there's a # in the "Qty. Received" cell then I want it to add to the
"Current inventory" cell but if there's a # in the "Qty. Shipped" cell then I
want it to subtract it........how can i seperate these functions in 1 formula
so it will do either 1 or the other?

Jackie

tracking inventory

Wow, I was making this so difficult! Thanks a bunch!