-   -   Merge two columns of data with a condition (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/235023-merge-two-columns-data-condition.html)

Richard

Merge two columns of data with a condition

Hello,

I am trying to put information that is in two columns into a third column,
but I don't the two columns concatenated. If the same information is in both
columns then I want only the information in column 1 brought over to column
3. If information is only in column 1 or 2 then I want that information
brought over to column 3. When both columns have information, the
information will always be the same. Is there a function or formula that can
do what i want.

Thanks,

Sam Wilson

Merge two columns of data with a condition

If A and B are your columns, put this in C1 and copy down:

=IF(A1=B1,A1,A1&B1)