-   -   Sum function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/234893-sum-function.html)

dannyboy8

Sum function

If i have a row of positive and negative #s, and I want to sum up this row,
but only include the positive #s in the sum, how would I go about doing this?

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Sum function

Hi,

SUMIF(A1:A10,"0")

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"dannyboy8" wrote:

If i have a row of positive and negative #s, and I want to sum up this row,
but only include the positive #s in the sum, how would I go about doing this?

Bill Eckert

Sum function

-- If I have several columns that I wish to calculate and a text word is
used in one column, what formula can I use without getting an error.
Bill Eckert

"dannyboy8" wrote:

If i have a row of positive and negative #s, and I want to sum up this row,
but only include the positive #s in the sum, how would I go about doing this?

Gord Dibben

Sum function

What type of calculation?

A simple SUM will ignore text.