-   -   Using If function with text values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/234738-using-if-function-text-values.html)

IF function with Text

Using If function with text values

I'm trying to use an if function with the logical test being, for example,

=IF(A10=apples, [5], [2])

Is there anyway to utilize the IF funciton using a name or text value for
the logical test?

Thanks!

Eduardo

Using If function with text values

Hi
=if(A10="apples,5,2)

if this helps please click yes, thanks

"IF function with Text" wrote:

I'm trying to use an if function with the logical test being, for example,

=IF(A10=apples, [5], [2])

Is there anyway to utilize the IF funciton using a name or text value for
the logical test?

Thanks!

Michael Arch

Using If function with text values

The text must be in quotes:
=IF(A10="apples", [5], [2])

--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"IF function with Text" wrote:

I'm trying to use an if function with the logical test being, for example,

=IF(A10=apples, [5], [2])

Is there anyway to utilize the IF funciton using a name or text value for
the logical test?

Thanks!

Jacob Skaria

Using If function with text values

Text string should always be inside double quotes

=IF(A10="apples",5,2)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"IF function with Text" wrote:

I'm trying to use an if function with the logical test being, for example,

=IF(A10=apples, [5], [2])

Is there anyway to utilize the IF funciton using a name or text value for
the logical test?

Thanks!

Eduardo

Using If function with text values

OPPs I missed a quote

=if(A10="apples",5,2)

"IF function with Text" wrote:

I'm trying to use an if function with the logical test being, for example,

=IF(A10=apples, [5], [2])

Is there anyway to utilize the IF funciton using a name or text value for
the logical test?

Thanks!

Teethless mama

Using If function with text values