-   -   Finding Circular References (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/234726-finding-circular-references.html)

Philip J Smith

Finding Circular References

Hi.

I have a workbook that displays "Circular references" in the lower left
corner.
I have checked each worksheet but the message does not change to include the
cell reference containing the error on any of them.
I have checked that there are no hidden sheets (including Excel Very Hidden).

Does anyone have any ideas about how to proceed?

I can't install new software or add-ins as that is a sacking offence.

Regards

Phil

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Finding Circular References

Hi,

Try - right-clicking any toolbar and turnning on Circular References, then
open the Navigate Circular References drop down and see what you get.

Also check your Range Names.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Philip J Smith" wrote:

Hi.

I have a workbook that displays "Circular references" in the lower left
corner.
I have checked each worksheet but the message does not change to include the
cell reference containing the error on any of them.
I have checked that there are no hidden sheets (including Excel Very Hidden).

Does anyone have any ideas about how to proceed?

I can't install new software or add-ins as that is a sacking offence.

Regards

Phil

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

Finding Circular References

Hi,

This could also happen if all the following conditions are satisfied:

1. More than 1 workbook is open; and
2. One of them has a circular reference; and
3. The workbook which does not have the circ is active.

To identify the circular reference cell, ensure that only that workbook is
open,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com