-   -   Excel Functions - IF? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/234639-excel-functions-if.html)

LaDonna Brooks

Excel Functions - IF?

Is there a formula that I could use if it says EXCL (meaning exclude) to have
it enter that amount in another cell as a minus?

msladona

FSt1

Excel Functions - IF?

hi
you are a bit sketchy on details so i made some up.
A5=50
B5=EXCL
in C5 enter this formula
=if(B5="EXCL",A5*-1,0)

if that is not how your data is layed out, post back with more details.

Regards
FSt1

"LaDonna Brooks" wrote:

Is there a formula that I could use if it says EXCL (meaning exclude) to have
it enter that amount in another cell as a minus?

msladona

LaDonna Brooks

Excel Functions - IF?

Yes this formula worked perfect. I have an additional question - if B1-B5
are EXCL and B6-B10 are not is there a way to show that. I tried the formula
putting B1:B5 but it did not work - can you tell me what I am doing wrong?
This is how I entered the formula:

=IF(B1:B5="EXCL",A1:A5*-1,0)

This was entered into C11. Thanks for your help.
--
msladona

"LaDonna Brooks" wrote:

Is there a formula that I could use if it says EXCL (meaning exclude) to have
it enter that amount in another cell as a minus?

msladona

MyVeryOwnSelf[_2_]

Excel Functions - IF?

if B1-B5 are EXCL and B6-B10 are not is there a way to show that. I
tried the formula putting B1:B5 but it did not work - can you tell me
what I am doing wrong? This is how I entered the formula:

=IF(B1:B5="EXCL",A1:A5*-1,0)

Maybe this would help:
=IF(AND(
COUNTIF(B1:B5,"EXCL")=5,