Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula to auto calculate based on other variables

Hello,

I am trying to come up with a formula to calculate costs based on another
set of values. Cell C7 is automaticaly inserted into the spreadsheet off of
other worksheets. What I would like to do is put in the type of work (1-5) in
cell C6 and have it calculate C8-C10 based on the type and what the materials
costs are in C7 (for type 1 it would be 25% of the total cost). I have the
set of values to do the calculations for the type (C6) in cells F5-J10.

B C
6 Project Type: 1
7 Project Materials: $100.00
8 Project Labor: ?
9 Project Comp/Ins: ?
10 Project O & P: ?
11 Project Total: (sum of C7-C10)

F G H I J
5 Type Materials Labor Comp/Ins O&P
6 1 25% 35% 15% 25%
7 2 20% 30% 15% 35%
8 3 30% 30% 15% 25%
9 4 15% 45% 15% 25%
10 5 25% 40% 15% 20%
Is there any way to do this with a forluma?

Scott A