-   -   Function on "Text to Columns" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/234347-function-text-columns.html)

Nandeesh

Function on "Text to Columns"

I have list of Names for e.g.
Antony, John - 30022275
David, Joan - 30022277
When I used "Text to Columns" function I am able to saparate Names in
different cells but unable to saparate "Joan - 30022277"
I tried even removing " - " but did not worked, is their any function so
that I can saparate all for e.g.
A1 - Antony
B1 - John
C1 - 30022275

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

Function on "Text to Columns"

I was able to separate Antony, John - 30022275 in to three cells using Data
| Test-to-Column
I used the Delimited options and specified: comma, space, other {in which I
entered the hyphen}, and Treat consecutive delimiters as one
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Nandeesh" wrote in message
I have list of Names for e.g.
Antony, John - 30022275
David, Joan - 30022277
When I used "Text to Columns" function I am able to saparate Names in
different cells but unable to saparate "Joan - 30022277"
I tried even removing " - " but did not worked, is their any function so
that I can saparate all for e.g.
A1 - Antony
B1 - John
C1 - 30022275

Per Jessen

Function on "Text to Columns"

Hi

You need to select two delemiters in this case, comma and in others type
"-".

Hopes this helps.

Per

"Nandeesh" skrev i meddelelsen
I have list of Names for e.g.
Antony, John - 30022275
David, Joan - 30022277
When I used "Text to Columns" function I am able to saparate Names in
different cells but unable to saparate "Joan - 30022277"
I tried even removing " - " but did not worked, is their any function so
that I can saparate all for e.g.
A1 - Antony
B1 - John
C1 - 30022275

Fred Smith[_4_]

Function on "Text to Columns"

You just have to identify all your delimiters. Make sure that Comma is
checked, and under Other, enter the hyphen (-).

Regards,
Fred.

"Nandeesh" wrote in message
I have list of Names for e.g.
Antony, John - 30022275
David, Joan - 30022277
When I used "Text to Columns" function I am able to saparate Names in
different cells but unable to saparate "Joan - 30022277"
I tried even removing " - " but did not worked, is their any function so
that I can saparate all for e.g.
A1 - Antony
B1 - John
C1 - 30022275

Glenn

Function on "Text to Columns"

Nandeesh wrote:
I have list of Names for e.g.
Antony, John - 30022275
David, Joan - 30022277
When I used "Text to Columns" function I am able to saparate Names in
different cells but unable to saparate "Joan - 30022277"
I tried even removing " - " but did not worked, is their any function so
that I can saparate all for e.g.
A1 - Antony
B1 - John
C1 - 30022275

Using "Text to Columns", select "Delimited" and "Next". Then check "Space",
"Comma" and "Treat consecutive delimiters as one" and then click "Next". In the
next dialog box, select the third column (with the hyphen "-" in it) and select
the Column data format "Do not import column (skip)". Click "Finish".