-   -   How can I download and install ERROR FUNCTION in Excel 2003? ERF. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/23415-how-can-i-download-install-error-function-excel-2003-erf.html)

Zhiming Qi

How can I download and install ERROR FUNCTION in Excel 2003? ERF.

How can I download and install ERROR FUNCTION in Excel 2003? ERF() is not
available in my excel.
Thanks much!

Vasant Nanavati

Do you have the Analysis Toolpak installed?

--

Vasant

"Zhiming Qi" <Zhiming wrote in message
How can I download and install ERROR FUNCTION in Excel 2003? ERF() is not
available in my excel.
Thanks much!

Jerry W. Lewis

As an alternative to installing the Analysis ToolPak, you could use
Erf(x) = GammaDist(x^2,0.5,1,TRUE)
ErfC(x) = ChiDist(2*x^2,1) = 2*NormSDist(-x*Sqrt(2))
ChiDist is more accurate than ErfC in all Excel versions. In Excel
2003, NormSDist is more accurate that either ErfC or ChiDist.

Jerry