-   -   cell or column highlights when other cell is selected (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/233937-cell-column-highlights-when-other-cell-selected.html)

Tropicana

cell or column highlights when other cell is selected

Hi,
I'm using Office 2003 and hoping for an answer.
What I want to do is have either a cell or column highlight when another
cell is chosen.
For example when I select E4 then column J would highlight, or I select E4
and J4 would highlight.
Are either of these possible?

Tropicana

Luke M

cell or column highlights when other cell is selected

You could do something like this. On sheet you want this to happen, right
click on sheet tab, view code, paste this in. This will highlight column J
when E4 is selected.

If Target.Address = "$E$4" Then
Range("J:J").Interior.ColorIndex = 6 ' YELLOW
Range("J:J").Interior.Pattern = xlSolid
Else
Range("J:J").Interior.ColorIndex = 0
Best Regards,