-   -   Function for tax? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/233859-function-tax.html)

TB in DC

Function for tax?

Let's say I get a hotel for two nights at the same hotel.
One night costs $50 and the second night $55.
The total bill is $105. The tax is 12.75.
Is there a function in Excel that can tell me a) what the tax is per night
b) how it's distributed.
I tried using solver but it just cut the tax in half.
Thanks in advance.

Roger Govier[_3_]

Function for tax?

Hi

With night1 in A1 and night2 in A2, Total tax in B1, enter in C1
=ROUND($B$1/SUM($A$1:A2)*A1,2)
and copy down

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"TB in DC" wrote in message
Let's say I get a hotel for two nights at the same hotel.
One night costs $50 and the second night $55.
The total bill is $105. The tax is 12.75.
Is there a function in Excel that can tell me a) what the tax is per
night
b) how it's distributed.
I tried using solver but it just cut the tax in half.
Thanks in advance.

TB in DC

Function for tax?

Thank you.