-   -   Data in columns. Which formula will identify last completed colu. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/233854-data-columns-formula-will-identify-last-completed-colu.html)

Piet

Data in columns. Which formula will identify last completed colu.

If I have monthly data, from left to right in columns, and I need to extraxt
the LATEST months data to a particular cell (I.e. current you only have May
2009 data followed by 7 columns with nothing in it - which formula should I
use.

Mike H

Data in columns. Which formula will identify last completed colu.

Hi,

This returns the value frim the last filled cell in the range A1 - L1

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:L1<""),A1:L1)

Mike

"Piet" wrote:

If I have monthly data, from left to right in columns, and I need to extraxt
the LATEST months data to a particular cell (I.e. current you only have May
2009 data followed by 7 columns with nothing in it - which formula should I
use.

fake_be

Data in columns. Which formula will identify last completed colu.

Hi,

I would use the HLOOKUP formula.

Type the month you need in A1

=HLOOKUP(A1;select the series;type the number of the row you want)

To search the info type the month (or something else) in the A1.

Good luck

Type the following formule in the