-   -   Excell rank= I need to reverse the order (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/233776-excell-rank%3D-i-need-reverse-order.html)

Dennis Noble

Excell rank= I need to reverse the order

Formula Rank=(A1:A9,A$1:A$9,1) this is working well but! I need to reverse
the order to high # equal 1st not last

Allllen[_2_]

Excell rank= I need to reverse the order

Change the 1 in your formula to a 0.
--
If this helps, please click the Yes button. Thanks!

Allllen

"Dennis Noble" wrote:

Formula Rank=(A1:A9,A$1:A$9,1) this is working well but! I need to reverse
the order to high # equal 1st not last

barry houdini[_10_]

Excell rank= I need to reverse the order

Hello Dennis,

As Excel help explains, the 3rd argument of RANK function determines
the order. If it's zero or omitted then the ranking is in descending
order. If it's any number other than zero then ranking is in ascending
order, so to rank descending just remove the 3rd argument, i.e.

=RANK(A1,A$1:A$9)

copied down

--
barry houdini
barry houdini's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=72

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Excell rank= I need to reverse the order

Hi,

You should simplify the formula to read:

=RANK(A1,A$1:A$9) for descending
=RANK(A1,A$1:A$9,1) for ascending

using A1:A9 for the first argument instead of A1 gains nothing and is
overkill.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire