-   -   Conditional Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/233722-conditional-formatting.html)

it''''''''sh hardy

Conditional Formatting

Hey there... I'm trying to conditionally format multiple cells but am having
issues. The format painter does not work properly. Is there a way to do it
for more than one cell at a time?

Jacob Skaria

Conditional Formatting

Refer

http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"it''''''''sh hardy" wrote:

Hey there... I'm trying to conditionally format multiple cells but am having
issues. The format painter does not work properly. Is there a way to do it
for more than one cell at a time?

it''''''''sh hardy

Conditional Formatting

Jacob -

I tried going to that site but it's not working the way I need it to. I have
a sheet that would highlight the highest number in a row for instance F3-F12
but it takes forever to complete one cell at a time

"it''''''''sh hardy" wrote:

Hey there... I'm trying to conditionally format multiple cells but am having
issues. The format painter does not work properly. Is there a way to do it
for more than one cell at a time?

Luke M

Conditional Formatting

F3:F12 is not a row, its a column. Which do you want?

Select a single cell (say A2) and Format - Conditional Format
Formula is:
=A2=MAX(2:2)
for a row, if you meant column
=A2=MAX(A:A)
Select pattern, click 'ok'
Note that lack of asbolute references (the $ symbols).

You can now use the format painter to copy this to any other cell you need.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"it''''''''sh hardy" wrote:

Hey there... I'm trying to conditionally format multiple cells but am having
issues. The format painter does not work properly. Is there a way to do it
for more than one cell at a time?

it''''''''sh hardy

Conditional Formatting

Yeah sorry column! lol! so use the bottom format, and do not use $?