-   -   How do I copy subtotaled data without underlying details in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/233632-how-do-i-copy-subtotaled-data-without-underlying-details-excel.html)

Diletto

How do I copy subtotaled data without underlying details in Excel

I have a large sheet of data that I have subtotaled. I am trying to copy
just the top layer over to a new worksheet. HOwever, it pulls all the data
below the totaled line. What am I doing wrong?

I am on Excel 2007 on Windows XP.

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

How do I copy subtotaled data without underlying details in Excel

Hi,

I'm not sure I follow, the Total line usually appears below the data when
you use the Subtotal command?

In general you would apply the subtotal, then collapse the detail, highlight
all the data and press F5, Special, Visible cells only, OK. Then you would
copy and paste.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire