-   -   If or VLOOKUP (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/233540-if-vlookup.html)

Eán[_2_]

If or VLOOKUP

Hi
I have a coloum of dates dd/mm/yyyy but would like in a separate coloum to
show only the month - how would I write a formula to return "April" for all
dates with 04 in the mm?
Please & thank you.

Simon Lloyd[_266_]

If or VLOOKUP

Eán;377273 Wrote:
Hi
I have a coloum of dates dd/mm/yyyy but would like in a separate coloum
show only the month - how would I write a formula to return "April" for
all
dates with 04 in the mm?
Please & thank you.If your date was in A1 put this in B1 and drag down =TEXT(A1,"mmmm")

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=105582

Simon Lloyd[_267_]

If or VLOOKUP

Eán;377273 Wrote:
Hi
I have a coloum of dates dd/mm/yyyy but would like in a separate coloum
show only the month - how would I write a formula to return "April" for
all
dates with 04 in the mm?
Please & thank you.Sorry if you only want April then use this formula

=IF(TEXT(A3,"mmmm")<"April","",TEXT(A3,"mmmm"))

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=105582

Jacob Skaria

If or VLOOKUP

With date in A1

=IF(A1,TEXT(A1,"mmmm"),"")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Eán" wrote:

Hi
I have a coloum of dates dd/mm/yyyy but would like in a separate coloum to
show only the month - how would I write a formula to return "April" for all
dates with 04 in the mm?
Please & thank you.

Simon Lloyd[_268_]

If or VLOOKUP

Simon Lloyd;377295 Wrote:
Sorry if you only want April then use this formula

=IF(TEXT(A3,"mmmm")<"April","",TEXT(A3,"mmmm"))Do nt forget, written like this it will only ever show when there is an

April in the cell!