-   -   How do I change the default header date format in Excel 2007? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/233495-how-do-i-change-default-header-date-format-excel-2007-a.html)

Jazzman721

How do I change the default header date format in Excel 2007?

Co-worker wants to use Long Date format in header or footer, but it always
displays as short. Older versions of Excel there was a format button. I have
also tried to change the default Date using Control Panel regional & language
setting.....
Thanks
Keith

Gord Dibben

How do I change the default header date format in Excel 2007?

The options for date format in header/footer is limited to short date
settings in Regional and Language settings.

No difference with older versions..........no format button that I ever
heard of.

To enter a custom formatted date in a header or footer you will need VBA.

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy")

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:06:01 -0700, Jazzman721
wrote:

Co-worker wants to use Long Date format in header or footer, but it always
displays as short. Older versions of Excel there was a format button. I have
also tried to change the default Date using Control Panel regional & language
setting.....
Thanks
Keith

Jazzman721

How do I change the default header date format in Excel 2007?

Gord
Thanks for your help....VBA did the trick
Thanks
Keith

wrote:

Co-worker wants to use Long Date format in header or footer, but it always
displays as short. Older versions of Excel there was a format button. I have
also tried to change the default Date using Control Panel regional & language
setting.....
Thanks
Keith

Gord Dibben

How do I change the default header date format in Excel 2007?

Thanks for the feedback.

Gord