-   -   Bin Array--Frequency (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/233493-bin-array-frequency.html)

Excel User

Bin Array--Frequency

I want to set a bin array for only five numbers. I have entered the results
of a survey asks people to answer on a scale of 1 to 5. I want to find out
how many 3's were provided for one question, 4's for that same question and
so on throughout the survey. Can you create a bin with only 5 numbers or is
this not a large enough interval? I am having trouble with this.

Domenic[_2_]

Bin Array--Frequency

In article ,
Excel User <Excel wrote:

I want to set a bin array for only five numbers. I have entered the results
of a survey asks people to answer on a scale of 1 to 5. I want to find out
how many 3's were provided for one question, 4's for that same question and
so on throughout the survey. Can you create a bin with only 5 numbers or is
this not a large enough interval? I am having trouble with this.

Assuming that B2:B10 contains the results for your first question, let
D2:D6 contain 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. Then try the following...

1) Select/highlight E2:E6

2) With E2:E6 selected/highlighted, enter the following formula...

=FREQUENCY(B2:B10,D2:D6)

3) Then, instead of confirming with just ENTER, confirm with
CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER. Excel will automatically place curly braces {...}
around the formula.

Alternatively, you could use COUNTIF...

E2, copied down:

=COUNTIF($B$2:$B$10,D2)