-   -   Comparing two ranges and get true or false in one cell depending onresult (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/233175-comparing-two-ranges-get-true-false-one-cell-depending-onresult.html)

Leon[_2_]

Comparing two ranges and get true or false in one cell depending onresult

Hi all

How do I compare two alike ranges with one formula and get result as
true or false.
Ranges are alike = true
Not alike = false

Cheers

Mike H

Comparing two ranges and get true or false in one cell depending o

Hi,

Try this Array formula

=AND(A1:A10=B1:B10)

This is an array formula which must be entered by pressing CTRL+Shift+Enter
'and not just Enter. If you do it correctly then Excel will put curly brackets
'around the formula {}. You can't type these yourself. If you edit the formula
'you must enter it again with CTRL+Shift+Enter.

Mike
"Leon" wrote:

Hi all

How do I compare two alike ranges with one formula and get result as
true or false.
Ranges are alike = true
Not alike = false

Cheers

Gaffnr

Comparing two ranges and get true or false in one cell depending o

Hi LEon
Use the exact formula

i.e. Col A = Animal 1, Col B = Animal 2
A2 = Dog, B2 = Dog. formula in C2 = exact(A2,B2) returns true
If A2 = Cat then C2 would return false.

--
Rob Gaffney

"Leon" wrote:

Hi all

How do I compare two alike ranges with one formula and get result as
true or false.
Ranges are alike = true
Not alike = false

Cheers

Leon[_2_]

Comparing two ranges and get true or false in one cell dependingo

Hi Mike

Thanks:-)
works perfect

Cheers

"Leon" wrote:
Hi all

How do I compare two alike ranges with one formula and get result as
true or false.
Ranges are alike = true
Not alike = false

Cheers- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -