-   -   Autofilter Hides All... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/233154-autofilter-hides-all.html)

TomCat

Autofilter Hides All...

I have a column that contains number/letter format 100ABC, 101DEF, etc. When
I do a custom filter to show all the cells that contain 100, etc., the entire
column hides. How do I get it to show the cells I want to see?
Thanks....TomCat

Dave Peterson

Autofilter Hides All...

It worked fine for me in my tests (using xl2003).

Maybe the values in the cell aren't really what you see?

Any chance that the cells have a custom format that changes the look, but not
the value?

What do you see in the formula bar when you have one of those cells selected?

--

Dave Peterson