-   -   How do I retrieve Cost from a grid using text drop down lists? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/233045-how-do-i-retrieve-cost-grid-using-text-drop-down-lists.html)

rkenchel

How do I retrieve Cost from a grid using text drop down lists?

I have the following grid:
A B C D
1 Elim Period Cost
2 0/14 6 ???
3
4 Period
5 Elim 6 12 24
6 0/7 $4.85 $6.30 $8.00
7 7/7 $4.50 $5.95 $7.60
8 0/14 $3.95 $4.75 $6.60
9 14/14 $3.55 $4.35 $5.80
10 0/30 $2.90 $3.80 $5.15
11 30/30 $2.35 $3.15 $4.15
12 60/60 $0.00 $2.70 $3.50
13 90/90 $0.00 $2.05 $2.40
14 180/180 $0.00 $0.00 $1.60

A2 and B2 are drop down lists allowing selection of Elim and Period choices.
They are both formatted as TEXT. I need to return the correct cost in C2 for
the column-row selected by Elim and Period.

I've read through other posts and it seems INDEX() or VLOOKUP() might be
what I need, but I just can't seem to make them work.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Pete_UK

How do I retrieve Cost from a grid using text drop down lists?

Put this in C2:

=INDEX(B6:D14,MATCH(A2,A6:A14,0),MATCH(B2,B5:D5,0) )

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jun 5, 10:09*pm, rkenchel
wrote:
[...]

Thanks Pete!!
I tried something similar off of another post that was combining the MATCHes
into one and I could not make it work. Your solution was right on!
Rog

wrote:
[...]

You're welcome, Rog - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

wrote:
[...]

Thanks in advance for your assistance!- Hide quoted text -