-   -   how do calculate elasped time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/233043-how-do-calculate-elasped-time.html)

Nolan Holloway

how do calculate elasped time

I want to use the now function to calculate elasped time. For example, I
leave work at 3:45pm Using the now function, what is the difference between
the current time and when I have to leave?

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

how do calculate elasped time

With future time in A1, use =B1-MOD(NOW(),1) to find the time between then
and now. Might need to format the cell with [h]:mm
NOW returns the date and the time. Excel stores this info as a serial number
starting with 1/1/1900. Days are the integer part, while time is the
fractional part; MOD(x,1) returns the fractional part of x.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP