-   -   Conditional Formatting for Changing a Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/232897-conditional-formatting-changing-formula.html)

HeatherT

Conditional Formatting for Changing a Formula

Hi,
I'd like a cell to change color when a user has entered a hard-coded number
rather than the keeping the formula already in the cell.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Heather

T. Valko

Conditional Formatting for Changing a Formula

See this:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...cf859ecd?tvc=2

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"HeatherT" wrote in message
I'd like a cell to change color when a user has entered a hard-coded
number
rather than the keeping the formula already in the cell.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Heather

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Conditional Formatting for Changing a Formula

Hi,

You can use a VBA macro:

Dim isect As Range
Set isect = Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1"))
If Not isect Is Nothing Then
If IsNumeric(Target) And Not Target.HasFormula And Target < "" Then
Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 6

Since you are asking for a method to change the cell color when there is a
hard coded NUMBER entered in the cell, not when the cell is cleared or when a
text entry is made, then the above macro will do what you want.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"HeatherT" wrote:

Hi,
I'd like a cell to change color when a user has entered a hard-coded number
rather than the keeping the formula already in the cell.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Heather

HeatherT

Conditional Formatting for Changing a Formula

Thanks to all ... all seemed similar to answer I found somewhere else and
ended up using.

Created a general module in VBE for the workbook:
Function IsFormula(Cell)
IsFormula = Cell.HasFormula
End Function

Then used conditional formatting: