-   -   Sumif function with two criteria from different columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/23266-sumif-function-two-criteria-different-columns.html)

SamFortMyers

Sumif function with two criteria from different columns

Can I add a criterion to a SUMIF function?
After checking the initial range for a value, I want to make sure that the
cell in the Sum_range is 0 before completing the SUM.

Bob Phillips

IF(SUMIF(...)0,SUMIF(...),"Not valid")

--

HTH

RP

"SamFortMyers" wrote in message
Can I add a criterion to a SUMIF function?
After checking the initial range for a value, I want to make sure that the
cell in the Sum_range is 0 before completing the SUM.

SamFortMyers

This appears to test that the SUM is 0. I wanted to test each component cell
in the SUM_Range, ignoring any that showed a negative figure.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

IF(SUMIF(...)0,SUMIF(...),"Not valid")

--

HTH

RP

"SamFortMyers" wrote in message
Can I add a criterion to a SUMIF function?
After checking the initial range for a value, I want to make sure that the
cell in the Sum_range is 0 before completing the SUM.

JulieD

Hi

how about
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000),--(B1:B100="blue"),A1:A100)

where A1:A100 is the range you want to SUM
B1:B100 is the range containing your criteria
and
blue is the criteria

check out

for details on using SUMPRODUCT

--
Cheers
JulieD
"SamFortMyers" wrote in message
This appears to test that the SUM is 0. I wanted to test each component
cell
in the SUM_Range, ignoring any that showed a negative figure.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

IF(SUMIF(...)0,SUMIF(...),"Not valid")

--

HTH

RP

"SamFortMyers" wrote in message
Can I add a criterion to a SUMIF function?
After checking the initial range for a value, I want to make sure that
the
cell in the Sum_range is 0 before completing the SUM.

SamFortMyers

Yes, that's the solution. I found it earlier today checking out that link to
xldynamic.com that Bob Phillips had referred to in a previous thread.

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi

how about
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000),--(B1:B100="blue"),A1:A100)

where A1:A100 is the range you want to SUM
B1:B100 is the range containing your criteria
and
blue is the criteria

check out

for details on using SUMPRODUCT

--
Cheers
JulieD
....well i'm working on it anyway
"SamFortMyers" wrote in message
This appears to test that the SUM is 0. I wanted to test each component
cell
in the SUM_Range, ignoring any that showed a negative figure.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

IF(SUMIF(...)0,SUMIF(...),"Not valid")