-   -   Find function?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/232536-find-function.html)

SeniorJosie

Find function??

I have my book collection on excel, the previous version allowed me to type
just one word of the title, and it would search for any book titles i have
with that word. I can't find that function with this new excel. It's very
confusing for a senior :-)
Please, I just want to be able to search by one of the words in the title,
or author; the same for my DVD collection. Any help will be sincerely
appreciated. Is there an EASY way to do this. I've tried looking at the
various lists,etc, at the top of the page, but it's extremely confusing.
Thank you!

Eduardo

Find function??

Hi,
Highlight the column where you have the names then hit CTRL F, enter the
first letter of your book and hit Find all, it will list all the books
starting with that letter

If this helps, please click yes, thanks

"SeniorJosie" wrote:

I have my book collection on excel, the previous version allowed me to type
just one word of the title, and it would search for any book titles i have
with that word. I can't find that function with this new excel. It's very
confusing for a senior :-)
Please, I just want to be able to search by one of the words in the title,
or author; the same for my DVD collection. Any help will be sincerely
appreciated. Is there an EASY way to do this. I've tried looking at the
various lists,etc, at the top of the page, but it's extremely confusing.
Thank you!

T. Valko

Find function??

Sounds like you might be describing Excel 2007.

Select the Home tab
In the Editing group at the far right side...
The icon that looks like a pair of binoculars is what you're looking for.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP