-   -   Eliminate #N/A in Vlookup formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/232532-eliminate-n-vlookup-formulas.html)

kkeim

Eliminate #N/A in Vlookup formulas

I need Vlookup to return a blank if there is no value to be found in the
table. IE: Vlookup,a2,"table",12,false returns #N/A if there is not exact
match in "table" (Another spreadsheet). How do I eliminate this? It's driving
me nuts!

T. Valko

Eliminate #N/A in Vlookup formulas

One way:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Table,12,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A2,Tab le,12,0))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"kkeim" wrote in message
I need Vlookup to return a blank if there is no value to be found in the
table. IE: Vlookup,a2,"table",12,false returns #N/A if there is not exact
match in "table" (Another spreadsheet). How do I eliminate this? It's
driving
me nuts!

Eduardo

Eliminate #N/A in Vlookup formulas

Hi
=iferror(Vlookup,a2,"table",12,false ),"")

if this helps please click yes

"kkeim" wrote:

I need Vlookup to return a blank if there is no value to be found in the
table. IE: Vlookup,a2,"table",12,false returns #N/A if there is not exact
match in "table" (Another spreadsheet). How do I eliminate this? It's driving
me nuts!

Eduardo

Eliminate #N/A in Vlookup formulas

Hi,
if you are using excel 2003 use

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A3,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE)),"",VLO OKUP(A3,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE))

"kkeim" wrote:

I need Vlookup to return a blank if there is no value to be found in the
table. IE: Vlookup,a2,"table",12,false returns #N/A if there is not exact
match in "table" (Another spreadsheet). How do I eliminate this? It's driving
me nuts!

francis

Eliminate #N/A in Vlookup formulas

try the traditional formula

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,"table",12,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A2," table",12,0))

--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another