-   -   remove muliplication function and see the original figure (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/232441-remove-muliplication-function-see-original-figure.html)

HIRAN

remove muliplication function and see the original figure

in a worksheet there are number of cells contains result of multiplication
between two numbers. I want to remove all multiplication and want to see only
the orginal number before multiplication. ie the first number of two numbers.

Max

remove muliplication function and see the original figure

Think you could play with these steps in a spare copy

Presuming that you have in A2 down,
these sort of "in-cell" calcs (multiplication of 2 nums)

=200*3
=2*300
=0.2*0.3
etc

Select the range, do an Edit Replace
Find: = (type an equal sign)
Replace with: (Leave it blank)
Click "Replace All"

Then place in B2: =LEFT(A2,SEARCH("~*",A2)-1)+0
Copy down, and you would get the desired results:

200
2
0.2

Success? Click the YES button below
--
Max
Singapore
"hiran" wrote:
in a worksheet there are number of cells contains result of multiplication
between two numbers. I want to remove all multiplication and want to see only
the orginal number before multiplication. ie the first number of two numbers.

Bernard Liengme

remove muliplication function and see the original figure

Are you saying the cells have formulas like =A1*B1 ?

--
Bernard Liengme
MVP Excel