-   -   Protect sheet but be able to merge cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/232354-protect-sheet-but-able-merge-cells.html)

Protect Sheet but be able to merge cells

Protect sheet but be able to merge cells

Can anyone let me know if it is possible to protect a sheet, but still be
able to merge certain cells. I tried to allow users the access to 'format
rows' and 'format cells', but it wont allow me to merge cells.

Dave Peterson

Protect sheet but be able to merge cells

First, I do my best to avoid merged cells. They cause trouble with copy|paste,
sorting, filtering, and lots of other stuff.

Maybe you can provide a macro that unprotects the sheet, merges the cells, and
then reprotects the sheet.

--

Dave Peterson