-   -   How do I allow data entry to one column only? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/232248-how-do-i-allow-data-entry-one-column-only.html)

carmen

How do I allow data entry to one column only?

I've created an order sheet that needs to have all data locked except one
column and one cell.

How do I lock the sheet and allow data entry to the areas I want accessible
without having to create a password for users?

Gary''s Student

How do I allow data entry to one column only?

Lock all the cells you want to protect and then protect the worksheet itself.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200855

"Carmen" wrote:

I've created an order sheet that needs to have all data locked except one
column and one cell.

How do I lock the sheet and allow data entry to the areas I want accessible
without having to create a password for users?

Eduardo

How do I allow data entry to one column only?

Hi,
Highlight what to want the users have access to , right click on the mouse,
format cells, protection, uncheck locked, then protect the worksheet

if this helps please click yes, thanks