-   -   Count cells with a date falling within a 30 day period. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/232171-count-cells-date-falling-within-30-day-period.html)

Rob

Count cells with a date falling within a 30 day period.

I want to count the number of cells that have a date entered, in a period of
30 days, in a column with over a thousand cells. Some of the cells are blank
while others have random dates entered spanning a period of many years.

(I.e. How many cells, in the above mentioned column, have a date that falls
in the period between 21-Apr-2009 until 20-May-2009 ?)

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

Count cells with a date falling within a 30 day period.

Hi,

Try this. B12 and B13 hold the 21/4/2009 and 20 May 2009 respectivelyu

=SUMPRODUCT((D5:D9=B12)*(D5:D9<=B13))

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Rob" wrote in message
I want to count the number of cells that have a date entered, in a period
of
30 days, in a column with over a thousand cells. Some of the cells are
blank
while others have random dates entered spanning a period of many years.

(I.e. How many cells, in the above mentioned column, have a date that
falls
in the period between 21-Apr-2009 until 20-May-2009 ?)

Jacob Skaria

Count cells with a date falling within a 30 day period.

Dear Rob

Another way using COUNTIF(). With dates in Column C in date format..

=COUNTIF(C:C,""&DATE(2009,4,21))-COUNTIF(C:C,""&DATE(2009,5,20))

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria