-   -   display filter selection from menu (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/232105-display-filter-selection-menu.html)

labgeek

display filter selection from menu

I'm working with a pivot table in which I have a "report filter" for
"county". I choose some counties from the pull down menu to run my
calculation. I would like to be able to display, in a different part of the
spreadsheet, the counties that I chose. In order for my calculations to be
correct, the county field must be in the "report filter" portion of the pivot
table.

Sean Timmons

display filter selection from menu

Are you only wanting to show the current county selection, or do you want to
show the list of most recent selected? For current, just do a simple =B1 to
show county name. Otherwise, you'd be looking at programming...

"labgeek" wrote:

I'm working with a pivot table in which I have a "report filter" for
"county". I choose some counties from the pull down menu to run my
calculation. I would like to be able to display, in a different part of the
spreadsheet, the counties that I chose. In order for my calculations to be
correct, the county field must be in the "report filter" portion of the pivot
table.

labgeek

display filter selection from menu

I only need to display the current choices from the dropdown menu, but I am
selecting multiple counties for a given scenario. I need to be able to list
the selected counties so I can confirm that I chose the correct counties for
each grouping.