-   -   Recurring Date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/231809-recurring-date.html)

mickey

Recurring Date

Hi,
I am new to excel formulas and would like to know if it is possible to have
a recurring date. For example:
Column E = Start Date
Column F = Status
When Column F = "Status Complete" then column E start date changes to
current date + 7.

Thanks,
Mickey

Jacob Skaria

Recurring Date

You will need to use the Worksheet Change event to change the date in the
same cell to a different value. Right click on the sheet tabView code and
then paste the below code...Try and feedback..

If Target.Column = 6 Then
If Trim(Cells(Target.Row, 6)) = "Status Complete" _
Then Cells(Target.Row, 5) = Date + 7

'Set the Security level to low/medium in (Tools|Macro|Security)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Mickey" wrote:

Hi,
I am new to excel formulas and would like to know if it is possible to have
a recurring date. For example:
Column E = Start Date
Column F = Status
When Column F = "Status Complete" then column E start date changes to
current date + 7.

Thanks,
Mickey

mickey

Recurring Date

Thanks Jacob,
It worked perfectly by changing "Date + 7" to "(Date) + 7".

Thanks again,
Mickey