-   -   Help please - warning messages (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/231753-help-please-warning-messages.html)

adickson

Help please - warning messages

I am trying to put a warning message on cell that will pop up if the value of
that cell is not the same as the value of another cell. (using data
validation). My problem is that the cell I am trying to put the warning on
has a vlookup formula in it and therefore the warning message does not work.

Is there a way to do this? Please help!!
Thanks,
Angela

Max

Help please - warning messages

A simple way which could be as effective is to use a formula in an adjoining
cell Assuming the vlookup is in A1, with its return to be compared with D1
You could use in B1: =IF(A1<D1,"< Re-check!","")
and format B1 in red & bold
--
Max
Singapore