-   -   Modifying Data in Drop Down Menu (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/231715-modifying-data-drop-down-menu.html)

GooseMA

Modifying Data in Drop Down Menu

Hi,
I've created a spreadsheet with multiple drop down menus (data located on a
separate worksheet within same file). I modified some of the drop down menu
data but it's not being recogized. Any suggestions ?

Thank you.

Sean Timmons

Modifying Data in Drop Down Menu

When you sday you modified data... did you add rows? Or just change what was
in there?

Go to Insert Name Define... and check the range for the list(s) you have
modified. Does the name encompass all records?

"GooseMA" wrote:

Hi,
I've created a spreadsheet with multiple drop down menus (data located on a
separate worksheet within same file). I modified some of the drop down menu
data but it's not being recogized. Any suggestions ?

Thank you.

Gord Dibben

Modifying Data in Drop Down Menu

What did you modify?

Did you add more items to the list?

If so, you have to re-define the list references in InsertNameDefine to
include the added items.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP