-   -   Need help with a chart in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/231624-need-help-chart-excel.html)

NEHicks

Need help with a chart in Excel

I have an excel database that has entries by date with a time associated with
each entry. I need to create a monthly line chart that shows the number of
incidents in a time range, i.e. 0000-0159, 0200-0359, 1200-1359, etc.

What the chart will show will be the time range where the most entries are
made.

I am at a loss as to how to start.

Thanks,

smartin

NEHicks wrote:
I have an excel database that has entries by date with a time associated with
each entry. I need to create a monthly line chart that shows the number of
incidents in a time range, i.e. 0000-0159, 0200-0359, 1200-1359, etc.

What the chart will show will be the time range where the most entries are
made.

I am at a loss as to how to start.

Thanks,

The FREQUENCY function is made-to-order for obtaining such
distributions. To use it you will have to create a little infrastructure
first, like creating the time "buckets" you want to tally (see F1 on
FREQUENCY), and probably converting decimal times to human-readable form.