-   -   Way to hide rows when a cell contains numbers less than a value? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/231439-way-hide-rows-when-cell-contains-numbers-less-than-value.html)

lcExcelUser

Way to hide rows when a cell contains numbers less than a value?

Glenn

Way to hide rows when a cell contains numbers less than a value?

lcExcelUser wrote: NOTHING!

Try filter in the help file. If that doesn't help, try posting a question and
some details in the body of your message.

lcExcelUser

Way to hide rows when a cell contains numbers less than a valu

have a worksheet where it contains data. I have actual numbers in one
column, budgeted numbers in the second, and variances in the third (the
difference between the two). Is there any way for worksheet to automatically
hide numbers of less than a value (let's say $5,000).
I know how to highlight, but i didn't know if there is a way to do without
manually highlighting.

"Glenn" wrote:

lcExcelUser wrote: NOTHING!

Try filter in the help file. If that doesn't help, try posting a question and
some details in the body of your message.

Glenn

Way to hide rows when a cell contains numbers less than a valu

Did you look at the help file? Maybe this will help:

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html

If you are NOT trying to hide the rows where the value in a certain column
(variance?) is less than a specified value ($5,000), then try explaining again.

"Glenn" wrote:

lcExcelUser wrote: NOTHING!

Try filter in the help file. If that doesn't help, try posting a question and
some details in the body of your message.

Gord Dibben

Way to hide rows when a cell contains numbers less than a value?

Event code.

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
If cell.Value < 123 Then
Rows(somerows).EntireRow.Hidden = True
End Sub

If you used the large white space to describe your needs we can probably
tailor a solution to those needs.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 20 May 2009 09:01:01 -0700, lcExcelUser
wrote:

Gord Dibben

Way to hide rows when a cell contains numbers less than a valu

Try Conditional Formatting to color the font same as background.

Elsewise you would need some code because formulas cannot hide things.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP