-   -   Linking to combo box selection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/231429-linking-combo-box-selection.html)

PSM[_14_]

Linking to combo box selection

In workbook "A" the user will type lots or data into various pre-defined
cells. They will also use a couple of combo boxes to make selections.

In another workbook "B" I link to the cells in "A" to summarise but
also need to link what was selected in the combo boxes.

Pulling data from a cell is obviously very easy but I cannot figure how
to get the combo box info.

--
PSM

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

Linking to combo box selection

Hi,

Let's say that the source range for the combo box is in range A1:A4. Right
cluck on the combo box and provide the range A1:A4. In the cell link box,
provide the reference of any blank cell (say A14). Now in the other
workbook, use the match function

=match(A14,A1:A4,0)

Please change t he formula to include workbook and worksheet names

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com