-   -   refer some letter from one cell(pipe/mech or mech/pipe (reqd: pi) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/231150-refer-some-letter-one-cell-pipe-mech-mech-pipe-reqd-pi.html)

PERANISH

refer some letter from one cell(pipe/mech or mech/pipe (reqd: pi)

Hai I having text in one column like
Col - A
piping/mech
mech/piping
piping/painting

i need rsult for each row --- pi if Piping No need to refer others.
Awaiting your valuable helps.
Thanks
Peranish

Pecoflyer[_323_]

PERANISH;349025 Wrote:
Hai I having text in one column like
Col - A
piping/mech
mech/piping
piping/painting

i need rsult for each row --- pi if Piping No need to refer others.
Awaiting your valuable helps.
Thanks
Peranish

Hi,
I don't understand what you are looking for, but I suppose it's the
SEARCH or FIND function coupled with a search for the string pi* (*
being the wildcard)

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=97626

PERANISH

refer some letter from one cell(pipe/mech or mech/pipe (reqd:

I want formula for getiing letters "pi" if cell contains "piping"

Awaiting your valuable result please.

Peranish