-   -   Need help Returning the cell addy/index of the first non-zero number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/23115-need-help-returning-cell-addy-index-first-non-zero-number.html)

Dreamer

Need help Returning the cell addy/index of the first non-zero number

I'm trying to return the location of the first non-zero number in a
row.
Example:

A B C D E F G H
0 0 0 3 0 8 9 10

In the above example, I need to figure out if it's possible to used
functions to
return the index or cell address of the first non zero number.
So in my example above, I need the function to return either the
address of D1 or the index position of 4.

Any help would be great.

thanks

--
Dreamer

Domenic

For the position...

=MATCH(TRUE,A1:H1<0,0)

For the cell address...

=CELL("address",INDEX(A1:H1,MATCH(TRUE,A1:H1<0,0) ))

OR

=ADDRESS(ROW(A1:H1),MATCH(TRUE,A1:H1<0,0),4)

These formulas need to be confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER.

Hope this helps!