-   -   How do I keep from repeating total on spreadsheet in excel. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/23113-how-do-i-keep-repeating-total-spreadsheet-excel.html)

Keeping it clean

How do I keep from repeating total on spreadsheet in excel.

How do I stop the running total from displaying on last entry. Example: B3+A4
will give me a WTD running total in B4. However B5, B6,B7 etc. displays B4
results. What must I do to keep this cells zeros or blank, until my next
entry?

ww

In cell B4 instead of using = B3+A4 put =IF(A4="","",B3+A4) and copy it down.
This is assuming that you just manually enter a new number into Column A
each day.
This will look at cell A4. If it's empty B4 will remain empty. Once you
put a number
into cell A4, cell B4 will add B3 and A4 together. Hope that helps.